The #1 site for learning magic tricks, illusions, and mentalism for people of all skill levels. Learn easy coin, card, and advanced stage magic tricks performed by the world’s greatest magicians like David Blaine, Copperfield, Houdini, Dynamo, and Penn & Teller. With practice and dedication, you too can become an elite illusionist either for hobby or as a career.
Have you ever watched a magician and wondered, how did they do that?
We reveal the biggest kept secrets in the world, and the newest performances of 2017. We have in-depth tutorials for card and coin, easy bar tricks, and the biggest stage illusions in history.
Tips for mastering a magic trick
There are 3 stages to learning a new magic trick: Discovery, Practice, and Mastery. And this is what it looks like:
- Discovery: There are thousands of different kinds of magic tricks out there that you can learn. As you begin researching the world of illusionists, you’ll stumble upon ones that you really want to learn and add into your arsenal. This stage is called Discovery. We’re simply finding out about them and determining if it’s something we want to spend time practicing or not.
- Practice: In this stage, we’re just going through the motions and learning how it’s actually done. The biggest mistake that people make is rushing this stage. They can’t wait to show their friends and family so they spend minimal time practicing and then try and perform it for an audience right away.
- Mastery: For any magic trick, you are NOT ready to perform it until you hit stage 3 which is Mastery. In Mastery, we’re practicing the magic trick until we can do it with our eyes closed. We’re engraining the actions into our muscle memory. Why? Because we want to be able to go through it flawlessly and smoothly. Anybody can perform a new magic trick successfully. But not everyone takes the time to master them completely.
A performance that has been mastered looks 10x better. So for every trick you Discover on this site, make sure to master them first before rushing out and performing it to an audience.
What kind of magic tricks are you interested in?
Stage performing is the oldest form of this craft. While most performances require a lot of preparation, they usually have the most spectacular effects. If you’re considering becoming a professional, these are the ones you just have to know how to do.
Looking for some cool illusions that can be done casually at a party? Amaze your friends. Party tricks are easy to do, and fun to watch. The reaction you’ll get from the audience will turn you into a hit!
Street performers are some of the talented because they have to perform right in front of the spectator. Often times, there will be a crowd surrounding you, which means every angle is exposed. That’s why these moves need to be fool-proof.
Unlike coin and prop tricks, coin tricks usually require no preparation. Somebody has a coin in their pocket no matter where you are, so learning these coin tricks can put you in a position to perform just about anywhere.
Don’t feel like getting into any tutorials at the moment? Get a little inspiration first with these amazing performances from world class performers.
Our extensive guides
- Learn Mind Reading & Hypnosis
Powerful mind reading, ESP, psychic, and hypnosis techniques. Everything revealed. Learn the biggest secrets in the industry.
- Learn Card Tricks: The Ultimate Guide
The best and biggest guide for learning card sleights. Here’s our ultimate guide – categorized based on skill and type.Fundamental Card Sleights, Beginner, Advanced.
- Learn Mentalism Tricks
Learn the secrets behind some of the biggest mentalism tricks in the world. Become a master mentalist with our step-by-step tutorials.
- Learn How To Become A Professional Illusionist
Learn how to get started in a successful career as a illusionist. See what it takes to become a world-class pro like Dynamo, Criss Angel, and David Blaine.
Stage magic tricks are so great because it usually generates the most attention from your audience. All eyes are on you. People are there specifically to watch you perform. Because you are usually performing at an event, you’ll have time to prepare and set up your props. Here are some of the biggest stage illusions in the history of magic.
- How To Solve A Rubik’s Cube Instantly (As a Magic Trick)
Steven Brundage performs a Rubik’s Cube trick for Penn & Teller that has yet to be solved. Learn the classic trick, and watch Steven’s performance.
- The Levitating Woman – Stage Trick Revealed
Learn how the classic stage illusion of levitating a woman up and down is done. It’s a lot easier than you think.
- One of the Oldest Stage Illusions Revealed… Wait Never Mind
You think you’re learning the secrets behind one of magic’s oldest tricks, and then your mind is blown.
- Penn & Teller Reveals How to Saw a Woman in Half, and then ACTUALLY Saws Her in Half
Learn how to saw a body in half, the classic stage trick performed by magicians from long ago – with a crazy twist at the end.
Easy Party Performances
Party magic tricks don’t just have to be performed at parties. The reason they’re called party tricks is because they’re fun, easy to learn, and result in a positive reaction from the audience. It doesn’t require any intense training and practicing of moves, but rather, it’s all about knowing the secret. We’ll reveal them to you here.
- Learn How to Do David Blaine’s Card in Lemon
In his TV special, Real or Magic, David Blaine performed a card trick that caused Harrison Ford to tell him to “Get out of my house.” Let’s learn how to do it.
- Amazing Illusion: Put a Pencil Through Your Head
Push a pencil up your nostril and then make it come out of your ear. Simple, easy to learn, and will completely shock spectators.
- How to Make Liquid Appear into an Empty Glass Cup
The perfect party magic trick, and one of our personal favorites. Make a drink appear into an empty glass cup.
- How To Turn Paper Into Money
Ever wonder how illusionists can burn a piece of paper and transform it into a $100 bill? Watch how it works here.
- How To Always Win At Rock Paper Scissors
Beat all your friends and win every time. Here’s how to use psychology to increase your odds of winning this classic game.
- How To Bend a Spoon With Your Mind
Amaze your friends with this cool party trick. Take a spoon and make it bend using just your mind.
Cool Street Magic
Street performers are perhaps the coolest kind of magician. They approach strangers and perform magic tricks right in front of their eyes. Some of the most popular street magicians are David Blaine, Dynamo, and Criss Angel. You may have seen them in their TV specials or clips of them on YouTube.
- How Does Criss Angel Walk Through A Solid Glass Window Without Breaking It?
Criss Angel walks straight through a glass window without breaking it, and while everybody watches. When he comes out, the window remains untouched.
- How Dynamo Turns a Paper Butterfly To Life
Dynamo takes a paper butterfly used for display off of the wall, holds it in his hands, and it turns into a real butterfly and flies away. Then, all of the remaining display butterflies turn to life and fly away.
- How Does Dynamo Twist An Iphone In Half?
Let’s learn how Dynamo takes a spectators iPhone, twists it in half, then twists it again back into place before handing it back to the spectator.
- David Blaine’s Coffee Into Money Revealed
Turn a cup of coffee into money. The coffee disappears and coins overflow out of the cup right before the spectator’s eyes.
- The Invisible Chair: Ancient Levitation Trick Revealed
One of the oldest street magic tricks in the world. The ancient secret of the floating man illusion is revealed.
- Guess Someone’s Age Correctly (Easy Math Trick)
Make people think you’re a mind reader with this simple, easy to do math-based magic trick.
Coin magic tricks rely on a lot of sleight of hand. You’ve probably seen some of these at some point or another and wonder how they were done. Some of these are pretty advanced. But the beauty of coin magic tricks is that once you learn how to do them, you’ll never forget them. They become ingrained in your muscle memory, much like playing cards.
- Very Easy Coin Trick Makes You Look Like a Professional
One of the simplest coin tricks that will make you look like a professional coin magician. This is a classic that is essential to learn how to do.
- Coin Through Glass Cup
No gimmick coins, no duplicates. Will require a bit of practice, but it is an awesome coin trick you can do anywhere.
- Penny Travels Through Plastic to End Up In Closed Tic Tac Box
Penny travels through plastic shell to end up in closed Tic Tac box. Sound impossible? Watch how it’s done.
- Fist Squeeze Coin Vanish Trick Tutorial
With a coin in your hand, close it into a fist and squeeze hard. When you open your hands, the coin is gone. Learn how it’s done in this tutorial.
These are some of our favorite magic tricks performances ever. That’s saying a lot since we’ve see hundreds of acts this year alone.
- Shin Lim’s Performance on Penn and Teller’s Fool Us: The Greatest Cardistry Performance I’ve Ever Witnessed
Shin Lim not only fools Penn and Teller, he performs one of the most amazing routines of all time.
- A Performance by Gamarjobat: The Best Comedic Performers From Japan
Here is a performance by Gamarjobat, a comedic magician duo in Japan. One of our favourite comedians to watch. They show that magic doesn’t always need to be mysterious.